I was inspired to write this post after reading Milliblog Annual Music Round-up. Let’s just jump into my list –
Best Albums of 2009 –
09. Bisile (Gagan-Hari) –
Almost all songs are very catchy in this one. But the major problem I found in this album is that all interesting tunes remains the same after first one minute. It’s like first minute of the song in loop for the remaining 4 minutes. But if you can excuse that, you will love the soundtrack.
08. Kaaranji (Veer Samarth) –
In a rock band based movie, you can expect a lot from music. This album fails in doing complete justice to that mainly because of the choice of singers in my opinion. Otherwise, this is an unconventional album with songs from varied genre’s and makes a good listen.
07. Manasare (Mano Murthy) –
When I heard it for the first time, it didn’t work for me at all. But with time, I started liking it and now it’s here at 5th position. May be this liking is more due to the movie itself.
06. Dildara (Praveen D Rao) –
This is an excellent album which I don’t think is being given any publicity. Main thing that attracts in the songs of this album is it’s orchestration. It’s imaginative and brilliantly done. Arrangement of songs are rare to hear in Kannada movie songs.
05. Birugali (Arjun) –
Hoovina Bandante and Madhura Pisumatige composed by Arjun for this album topped the charts for weeks and brought him well deserved recognition. Out of all fast tracks that have come out this year, Helbide Helbide from this album is what I love the most.
04. 35/100 (Pranava N Iyengar) –
Even though some engineering students might have heard “Noorake Moovattaide Saaku” song, this soundtrack, I believe is largely unheard. Delayed release of movie might be the reason for this (Movie looks promising in the promo). Pranava N Iyengar has given some breezy songs with very classy arrangements.It’s a must hear album.
03. Neene Bari Neene (Mano Murthy) –
This Sonu Nigam’s non-filmy album is a delight to listen to. Mano Murthy’s melodies combined with excellent lyrics by Jayanth Kaikini makes this one memorable. With six songs out of nine being pure gems, this was easily one of the best album of the year.
02. Eddelu Manjunatha (Anoop Seelin)–
Guruprasad’s lyrics is the highlight of this album. They are intelligent, innovative and catchy. Music here is light and simple. Great job by composer Anoop Seelin.
01. Just Math Mathalli (Raghu Dixit) –
Raghu dixit weaves his magic here again after the successful Psycho. I don’t know if there are any other album in Kannada which has the depth of BGM that this one has. With each song being highly entertaining and energetic, this completely deserves the title of best album of the year.
Best songs of 2009 –
I have taken liberty of chosen only one song from each album even when there are songs from the same album that could be added in the list.
18. Neenendare – Junglee (V. Harikrishna)
17. Maleyali Jotheyali(Male Version) – Maleyali Jotheyali (V. Harikrishna)
16. Thanthane Thanamthane -Josh (Vardhan)
15. Paro – Raj-The Showman (V. Harikrishna)
14. Nenape – Nam Areal Ond Dina (Arjun)
13. Ee Dina Hosatagide – Kaaranji (Veer Samarth)
12. Ninna Naanu Nodovaregu – Jugari (Arjun A P)
11. Naa Naguva Modalene – Manasare (Mano Murthy)
10. Doora Swalpa Doora(Male Version) – Devru (Sadhu Kokila)
09. Bhoomi Ee Baanu (Female Version)- Dildara (Praveen D. Rao)
08. Doni – 35/100 (Pranava N Iyengar)
07. Kshamisu – Eddelu Manjunatha (Anup Seelin)
06. Mussanje Manjalli – Just Math Mathalli (Raghu Dixit)
05. Aakasha Neene – Ambari (V. Harikrishna)
04. Hoovina Banadante – Birugali (Arjun)
03. Aaramagi – Gokula (Mano Murthy)
02. Baa Nodu Gelathi – Neene Bari Neene (Mano Murthy)
01. Ale Ale – Savari (Manikanth Kadri)
When I heard Bisiyada Suddiyonda song from Police Quarters, I fell in love with it immediately. But it was disappointed to know that songs of Kaavalar Kudiyiruppu have been used again in this album too.
Similarly the song Ninnanda Kanadagi song from the movie Bisile is an excellent track which should have made it to the list of top songs. But it seems like some song that I have heard before. So, I have kept it off the list.
You can listen to all the songs mentioned above at kannadaaudio.com
I might have missed some better songs since I have not heard all the albums that have been released this year. so, please feel free to tell your favorite albums/songs in the comments section.